Sew and Tell….Lori

Lori K

Lori K. visited the shop and brought along two of her finished quilts. They are so sweet and made for her children’s school teachers as year end gifts. Her children wrote sentiments on labels and Lori hand embroidered them. Lori Holt pattern books inspired the blocks and the quilts are backed with Minky backing and long armed quilted by Beatrice at Pumpkin Patch.

All we can say is wow! Those are some pretty special teachers and Lori is a pretty amazing parent for creating such beautiful handmade gifts. Have a look below.

Teacher Quilt 2 Teacher Quilt 1 Teacher Quilt block 3 Teacher Quilt block 2 Teacher Quilt block 1 Teacher Quilt label 1 Teacher Quilt label 2 Teacher Quilt back

Thank you Lori K. for sharing with us!

Sew and Tell….Aubrie Rose


Aubrie Rose is 9 years and nearly finished her first quilt. This is what she has to say about her project.

“This is my first quilting project. My Nana started me using a charm pack. I learned all about 1/4″ and sewed my squares together myself. Sewing the rows together was a bit tricky because I had to match my seams at the square corners, but I did it. I learned about fork pins that made the job easier. Then came the quilting part after I was finished my piecing. My Nana showed me how to make grid lines using a chalk marker. I was excited to quilt it myself. Next comes the binding.”AubrieRose2AubrieRose3

Her other interests include knitting, arm knitting, bracelet making, reading and dance. Aubrie Rose is lucky to have Jan as her Nana.

Way to go Aubrie Rose!

Sew and Tell….Ronnie-Leigh


We received a lovely email from a happy customer, Ronnie-Leigh who recently completed the Canadian Mystery quilt.  We love her addition of the “Homecoming” block at the top of the quilt. Below Ronnie-Leigh gives us some insight to her completed quilt below;

When you started the Canadian Mystery BOM, I happily signed on to tackle
this quilt as a very large (to me) project for the first time on my own, without support
from the ladies who taught me to quilt – the ladies at the Herne Bay Quilt
& Craft Club, Herne Bay, Kent, England, which I belonged to from 2011 to

I moved back to Canada in late 2015 and came upon your BOM program for this
quilt. While working full time as a Transit Operator in Ontario, 3 house
moves and 3 months with my left hand in a splint (unable to sew), I have
finally completed my Canada 150 Mystery Quilt. (I’ve had it quilted with a
maple leaf motif).

I would have loved to show you in person but I live to far away so a photo
will have to do.

I’m going back to England in a few weeks to visit and pop into the Club and am
taking my quilt with me to share with them.

We are thrilled she shared her quilt with us. It is truly beautiful!  Thank you Ronnie-Leigh!Ronnie

Sew and Tell….Ursala


One of our regular customers named Ursala was in the shop last week with a Sampler quilt she recently completed.  She started the quilt in 2016 using Pat Sloan’s “The Splendid Sampler“.  You could spend all afternoon looking at all the details of the different blocks as there is a bit of everything, hand applique, english paper piecing, blanket stitch applique, embroidery and more. Here are a few;
29665800_1854582024576248_310655593_n 29663512_1854581934576257_731200507_n 29550701_1854581991242918_441190398_n 29550559_1854582004576250_1237522283_n 29550355_1854581964576254_1713459819_n


Thank you Ursala for sharing your project with us!

Sew and Tell…Lori K.


Lori K. visited the shop a few weeks ago with her recently finished “Tree Farm Quilt”. She used the pattern Vintage Holiday II by Thimble Blossoms with a couple of minor tweaks like the switching out the heart block from the pattern and replacing it with a tree block instead. She also added a border to enlarge the finished quilt from 78″ x 78″ to 82 inches square.LoriKQuilt4 LoriKQuilt5 LoriKQuilt6LoriKQuilt7

She used a variety of fabrics collections from the designer trio Sweetwater such as Hometown Christmas, First Crush, Feed Company, The Cookie Exchange and Holly’s Tree Farm. She used a velvety minky on the back for extra snuggles and had it quilted with a tree design by Beatrice at Pumpkin Patch.LoriKQuilt2 LoriKQuilt3

She completed the quilt in less than two months for one of her son’s and plans to make a complimentary quilt for the other so she may give them as gifts this Christmas.

Thanks so much for sharing Lori!! We can’t wait to see your next project!