Creative Grids rulers feature fine black & white markings, 1″ grid markings, non-slip embedded gripper, turn-a-round feature, centering lines, 30°, 45°, 60° angles.
So if you are just starting out or or looking to add one or more to your collection these first five are excellent choices.
First up of the ‘basics’ and ‘must haves’ is the 6-1/2″ square ruler. Great for small blocks and mini quilts and is availble HERE>
2) The 12-1/2″ Square is excellent for cutting larger pieces or squaring the most common larger block sizes. Order the 12-1/2″ square HERE>
3) Perfect for cutting strips is the 6-1/2 inch x 24 1/2 inch ruler available HERE>
4) Ideal for cutting half square triangles and charm squares is the 4-1/2 inch x 8-1/2 inch ruler HERE>
5) The 6-1/2 inch by 12-1/2 inch ruler is convenient for portability to classes and retreats. Order the 6-1/2 inch by 12-1/2 inch ruler HERE>
The next four on the list are specialty rulers and tools. We’ve included videos so you can see how they work.
6) 60 Degree Diamond Ruler – Increase your diamond design possibilities with the 60 degree Diamond Ruler. Cut 60 degree diamonds up to 8 1/2 inches; hexies up to 8-1/2 inches; and 60 degree triangles up to 8-1/2 inches. Maximize the design potential by cutting them from strip sets. There are even markings included to cut 120 degree side setting triangles. Find it HERE>
7) Pineapple Trim Tool for 6″, 8″ or 10″ blocks. Create perfect 6; 8; or 10 inch finished Pineapple blocks by squaring up each round of strips as they are sewn. Since each round of strips is squared up before the next set is added, the blocks are perfectly square. The cutting requirements for the center square and the strips are printed right on the ruler. Find it HERE>
8) Slim Machine Quilting Tool. Want to master machine quilting with rulers but not sure where to start? It’s time for you to meet Slim, your new home machine quilting best friend. Angela Walters, machine quilting author and teacher, designed slim with you in mind! This versatile ruler is the perfect way to finally get comfortable using rulers while machine quilting. Find it HERE>
9) Squiggy Machine Quilting Tool. Squiggy may look different that your normal machine quilting ruler, but trust us, it’s your go-to ruler for machine quilting serpentine lines and wavy designs. The serpentine line is a curvy design that’s perfect for quilt borders and sashings. It adds beautiful texture and depth to your quilts, but can be difficult to free-motion quilt.
Find it HERE>
Hopefully this list helps 🙂